Candidate Ref TP/8601
Position Snr Instrumentation Technician
Over 30 years of instrumentation experience across a range of projects predominately in petrochemical , oil and gas refineries & drilling platforms across Europe including:
- Installation, commissioning & testing a variety of instruments such as pneumatic controlled valves, pneumatic controllers, pressure differentials, instrumentation on boiler systems and all instruments associated with control of the voltages, currents, protection relays
- Instrument checking, validation, quality control, testing, loop checking, commissioning, valve testing, flushing, pressure testing, start-up of fire and gas systems and oil and gas systems. DCS, controls, automation,
- Re-calibrating and testing of instruments removed from field and in situ.
- Providing training & supervision on and off site for all disciplines, mechanical, electrical, process operatives, from the simple understanding of the functions, instrument types and maintenance of all mounted sensors, regulators, valves, pumps, motors, inverters, dcs systems, plc systems, pneumatics, hydraulics, water, steam, types of different processes involved with different types of product, from chemicals, water, food, oil, waste products, Gas sulphurisation.
List of products familiars with:
- Valves: fisher, Pfeiffer, Peco, spiral, Magnetrol, Asco, hora, Tyco, Foxboro, john sons, Worcester, burkert, rotork; inclusive of repairs and set up and control, pneumatics and electronics.
- Sensors: ROEMOUNT, SIEMENS, ABB, pepper and Fuchs, Danfoss, Honeywell Omron, Isolux, Telemecanique, imo, Teledyne, smart, baumer, vega, Drago; etc. Various DCS and control systems.
QUALIFICATIONS, CERTIFICATES & Training
VCA – Dutch Safety Certificate
Compex certificate 1-4
City & Guilds Electrical Course
City & Guilds Electrical Technicians course
Omnitec Diploma in Electronics
Various in house Siemens/Allen courses
Trained on Bradley/ Mitsubishi/ Modicon software.
Other training – various instruments & health and safety
Jan 2017 – Jan 2017 Instrument Commissioning Technician
Neste Oil Refinery, Maasvlakte Netherlands
Polymer Plant – Sabic Maastricht Netherlands
Automatic Packaging Plant Sabic, Bergen op Zoom Netherlands
2014 – 2016 Commissioning Technician – Randridge International
Fredericia Refinery DONG Energy, Denmark
Lagan Tormore, Shetland islands
2014 Commissioning Technician – Kentz
Oil Sands project, Alberta
2013 QA/QC Inspector – Randridge International/Fabricom
New power station Rotterdam
2012 QA/QC Inspector – DESCON
ADGAS Refinery at Das Island, Abu Dhabi
2012 Commissioning Technician – Global Tech
Verolme/Keppel shipyard, Holland
Offshore rig refurbishment (Scarabeo and Troll Solutions).
New power station in Holland for NUON (Mitsubishi)
2008 – 2012 Instrument Technician – Randridge International
Shell Refinery Pernis,
Shutdown at the BASF plant in Bradford
New build rig for BP (Valhall project)
Deep-sea diving vessel for SUBSEA in Holland
BP Refinery, Rotterdam
Statoil Shutdown, Mongstat, Norway
New Build Statoil LNG Plant, Hammerfest Norway
2003- 2005 Process control technician – RPS Ireland
2000 – 2003 Electrical Technician – Patrick Lynch, Electrical Engineers
Various types of contracts, including tool installation at Intel Dublin; Office complexes, data wiring, fire alarms, security systems
1987-2000 Commissioning Technician – Thomas Broadbent And Sons Ltd
Employed as a service/commissioning technician worldwide, on the factory build; installation and commissioning of the various equipment manufactured by Broadbents and also the equipment they were agents for.
The equipment consisted of Batch sugar centrifuges, chemical centrifuges’ decanters, solids control technology, Flue gas desulphurisation, Batch washers, Presses, Flat bed ironers, Folders, Driers (gas, electric and steam), conveyors (all types, overhead, chain, and flat), etc .Most of the work consisted of the installation of equipment on sites throughout the world, onshore and offshore, the training of personnel to operate the machines, and the maintenance procedures.
Service and maintenance work was carried out on customer need level; were breakdowns were treated as a first action call out.
All the machines utilised up to date plc controls and associated software; fully integrated instruments and controls. The plc packages consisted of Siemens, Allen Bradley, Mitsubishi, software updates were also installed on site under special circumstances.
Modern fast inverters were incorporated on some machines of 120kw and larger of Siemens and ABB manufacture, (Siemens and ABB used the test bed also to utilise our own machines as a test for their inverters) these were tested on machines set up in broadbents own dedicated test bed at the factory prior to being shipped out. Various other control techniques were used i.e., ultra-sonics, barrier safety systems, special gas detection, special gases purging systems (as built in house) plus controls, own in house panel building.
Previous Work History Available